Funny Fate By Rebeca,10th D There was one sunny day, different from the other days, perfect for something perfect. Relaxing, enjoying the sun and the light wind coming from the West. I’m just a butterfly, you … Continue reading
Frosty Footpath – winter snow (Photo credit: blmiers2)
By Silvia,10-th D
Before I give you my straight opinion on the ’Posh people’ i should really explain who they are,what is their purpose and if you even should waste your time thinking about them.
If you look up the word „posh” in the dictionary you would most likely find this:a person that is elegant and fashionable,glamorous and filthy rich.They represent the class from our society that gets the best of everything,is never disappointed(is that so?)… basically they live the life of kings and queens and some of them don’t even deserve it. But who am I to judge THEM, if i don’t really know them personally…or maybe I do:their life gets advertised on every matter there is.Sometimes it drives me crazy to see so many details concerning their lifestyle,their choices. I mean i understand when some of them are known philanthropists and their humanitarian work gets published but i don’t really need to know what color their bedroom drapes are and if they have a house in every country on the planet.
Unfortunely,people these days enjoy reading about somebody else’s life and decisions.I must confess sometimes it is tempting even for me but I try not to insist on this kind of publicity.I know i have no chance to make a difference but maybe someday people will realise how many stupid things they do and say.
I know that all I’ve said until now about posh people would make you think that I am totally against them but I do have some respect for some of them.I respect the ones that have worked for everything they got and the ones that are not born rich and actually make an effort to become someone you would look up to.I can proudly say that i stand by the side of these „posh people”.
I’ve often been asked the question:”What would you do if you were a millionare and a posh person?”.I always give the same answer:I would take advantage of the situation I am in and use it to do great things all around the world and also it would be an honor to meet some of the ifluential people from our society.
Articles have been written on the fact that posh people often feel
and mocked at for the lifestyle they are taking,their accent,their way of dressing and acting. In my opinion I don’t think that we should judge them based on the way they look or on the things they own,I think we can have an opinion and if we choose to express it publically we can have manners like they do and try not to sound like uneducated monkeys.
At last you’ve heard my opinion about „posh people”and I hope you can respect it and not rule it out.I am not saying that I am perfectly right about everything but based on the things I have heard about this class of our society I think it is a pretty well given opinion.
- An Appetite for Aristocracy (citizenfable.wordpress.com)
- LIFE Business Meritocracy (orrinwoodwardpress.typepad.com)
- Superman vs. the Myth of Aristocracy (tor.com)
- Why Middle Class Education only Serves the Elite by Controlling the Poor… (familycourtmatters.wordpress.com)
- Is Democracy Possible In A Corrupt Society? (lunaticoutpost.com)
- The Financial Super-Storm of 2013 (sgtreport.com)
- Too Posh to Cut Costs – Research from Savoo.co.uk Finds that the British are too Embarrassed to use Vouchers (prweb.com)
- What is Freedom? (10): The Ability to Do Things (filipspagnoli.wordpress.com)
- Money = cause of humans problems. Revering the chains enslaving you = Failure. 1% = FAR from elite. (qezmoneyfms.wordpress.com)
- Aristocracy at its Most Entertaining-Peter C. Bradbury’s “Stonebridge Manor” is a Delightful Romp in the English Countryside (prweb.com)
Before and after
By SILVIA 10-th D
When i met that crazy old history fanatic I didn’t realize how much he would change my life. The moment he told me that our city was under attack i almost laughed in his face, but I didn’t have the time because in the next five minutes people started falling from the sky. At first I couldn’t make sense of what was going on and i couldn’t believe that actual people were falling from the sky and they didn’t even hurt themselves on the way down and that was because they were no ordinary men and women, they were AMAZONS!!!
They had swords, bows, shields, some had a distinctive flag wrapped around their arms, some were on horses, others on tigers, lions. It was unbelievable!!! And then i realized that they came among us with the purpose of taking over our planet and rule it. Our army thought it would be pretty easy to take down some of , and i quote:”these mentally disturbed animals”. But what they didn’t figure out was that the amazons possessed a force greater than any weapon: magic. One simple spell and every piece of land belonged to them. Then they destroyed every factory and every piece of equipment that they could find. For some it was a miracle and for some a nightmare.
We became their servants , being weaker and not as smart as they were. After their race died we still continued to live without technology, factories, because we came to the conclusion that before all of that had happened we were self- inflicting pain and the amazons, by coming to our planet were a blessing in disguise.
- Two Swords IS Enough! (Luke 22:38) (klbellwether.com)
- Planet of the Apes: 5 Film Collection Blu-ray $22.99 (forthemommas.com)
- REPOST: The Bridge of Swords, Revealed – from Kyron through Lee Carroll (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden in south Minneapolis. (VIDEO) (royalcorrespondent.com)
The new city
It was around 2 o’clock and I was tired. I went to sleep. I woke up at 6 .
I was new in the city, so I decided to look through my windows. I saw a lot of luminous buildings, a huge historical site which was around a big forest and a lot of lamps. I was amazed to see so many streets and a huge number of people who were shopping.
I couldn’t resist it, so I went outside to see all this happiness. I heard a lot of cars going around and around, people talking to each other. It started to rain and I could hear the water drops . A guy was listening to PSY’s new single called “Gangnam Style”. I decided to stop for a while and listen to the same song, because I was in love with it.
A lot of dogs were crossing the street and it smelt really bad. When a girl passed by me, it started to smell good. The mayor of the city sent cards which gave a good smell to the city, because the president thought the city “smells” very bad and it shouldn’t, because it was a beautiful one.
I’m very interested in constructions, so I touched every building’s materials so I knew how it was made and from what material. I also touched cats because I think they look cute and I like playing with them. When I went to the hypermarket, I touched a lot of food, chairs and many other things because I liked to check their “quality”.
After I left the hypermarket, I went straight to a restaurant and I ate some good ‘Gyros’ made by the professional greek master chef Gregoroki and it tasted real good. I was surprised by what food they were making because I tried a lot of food and they all tasted great. After I ate so many things, I went outside and I tasted the rain water. It tasted very bad.
I started going home and I saw a man robbing a supermarket and I felt so bad about both people (the robber and the supermarket CEO) because they would have to go to the police and they’d lose a lot of time because of that. The robber would go to jail and the CEO would lose money because of the closed supermarket.
I opened my home’s door and I tried to draw what I saw, but in my imagination. I drew a lot of colourful buildings, people who were dancing on the street in an unbelievable timing.
The day was such a nice experience to me and I learnt a lot of things about my new city.
- Barcelona: proletarian shopping spree (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- What springs to mind when you hear the word ‘supermarket’? (alvinlesterdavis.wordpress.com)
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores in the US Industry Market Research Report Now Available from IBISWorld (prweb.com)
- Online Grocery Shopping Is Returning to the Physical World (theatlanticcities.com)
- Getaway Guide: Take On the Big City With These Essentials (bellasugar.com)
- Culture Shock! How to Adjust to a Different Pace of Life (apartmentguide.com)
- Car access and supermarket costs play a big role in King County food deserts, UW study finds (westseattleherald.com)
- PHOTOS: Heavy rains stir up the skies over Bexar County (kens5.com)