The new city
It was around 2 o’clock and I was tired. I went to sleep. I woke up at 6 .
I was new in the city, so I decided to look through my windows. I saw a lot of luminous buildings, a huge historical site which was around a big forest and a lot of lamps. I was amazed to see so many streets and a huge number of people who were shopping.
I couldn’t resist it, so I went outside to see all this happiness. I heard a lot of cars going around and around, people talking to each other. It started to rain and I could hear the water drops . A guy was listening to PSY’s new single called “Gangnam Style”. I decided to stop for a while and listen to the same song, because I was in love with it.
A lot of dogs were crossing the street and it smelt really bad. When a girl passed by me, it started to smell good. The mayor of the city sent cards which gave a good smell to the city, because the president thought the city “smells” very bad and it shouldn’t, because it was a beautiful one.
I’m very interested in constructions, so I touched every building’s materials so I knew how it was made and from what material. I also touched cats because I think they look cute and I like playing with them. When I went to the hypermarket, I touched a lot of food, chairs and many other things because I liked to check their “quality”.
After I left the hypermarket, I went straight to a restaurant and I ate some good ‘Gyros’ made by the professional greek master chef Gregoroki and it tasted real good. I was surprised by what food they were making because I tried a lot of food and they all tasted great. After I ate so many things, I went outside and I tasted the rain water. It tasted very bad.
I started going home and I saw a man robbing a supermarket and I felt so bad about both people (the robber and the supermarket CEO) because they would have to go to the police and they’d lose a lot of time because of that. The robber would go to jail and the CEO would lose money because of the closed supermarket.
I opened my home’s door and I tried to draw what I saw, but in my imagination. I drew a lot of colourful buildings, people who were dancing on the street in an unbelievable timing.
The day was such a nice experience to me and I learnt a lot of things about my new city.
- Barcelona: proletarian shopping spree (thefreeonline.wordpress.com)
- What springs to mind when you hear the word ‘supermarket’? (alvinlesterdavis.wordpress.com)
- Supermarkets and Grocery Stores in the US Industry Market Research Report Now Available from IBISWorld (prweb.com)
- Online Grocery Shopping Is Returning to the Physical World (theatlanticcities.com)
- Getaway Guide: Take On the Big City With These Essentials (bellasugar.com)
- Culture Shock! How to Adjust to a Different Pace of Life (apartmentguide.com)
- Car access and supermarket costs play a big role in King County food deserts, UW study finds (westseattleherald.com)
- PHOTOS: Heavy rains stir up the skies over Bexar County (kens5.com)