The Penguin Leader
Once upon a time, in the world of penguins, there was a cruel leader who used to rule upon the entire iceberg where they lived. He got a large quantity of fish for himself and his people got just a little fraction of the food. The leader was fat and lazy and he was just staying on his ice throne and gave orders.
The penguins wanted a change, so they organized an election to choose a new leader. The new leader was a skinny and tall penguin with grey feathers. I do not know why they chose him. I think he promised them more food or more laws or more rights. So, they voted for him and the new leader was that grey skinny penguin. They did not know that he would sell their iceberg in exchange for fish to homeless penguins, and run away with the whole amount of fish he thus had obtained.
They worked together very hard to hunt back the exact quantity of fish in order to buy another iceberg , larger and in a better area. They could do it , of course, because there was a lot of fish in the sea.
So, the penguins realized they did not want a leader anymore, and consequently they acted for themselves from that moment on. This story tells us that is not important to have a leader.
- David Attenborough: ‘I wouldn’t be prepared to sit on an egg’ (guardian.co.uk)
- Penguins of the Planet (earthrangers.com)
- The Random Penguins Tumblr- Cute Illustrated Penguin (refinery29.com)
- Exclusive: New Club Penguin Emotions To Come Soon! (oil999cp.wordpress.com)
- Some Penguins Dressed Up In Christmas Outfits (buzzfeed.com)
- Freeze Your Friends At Club Penguin’s Christmas Party 2012! (clubpenguincheatscrew.com)
- Penguins of Our Lives (imissyouwheniblink.com)