Why red? By Rebecca, 10th D I am always asking myself why we have to wear red ties in school. Why this color? It could have been blue, yellow, black, but no… it is red. I couldn’t find the … Continue reading
Frosty Footpath – winter snow (Photo credit: blmiers2)
By Elena,10-th D
Christmas was two weeks ago. Everything was flawless and was in it’s place. And now let me tell you what happened to me!
We were looking forward to Santa’s coming but I fell asleep and I had a dream or a nightmare, I don’t know what it was. And in my dream I was dressed up, all in red and I was arranging my living room. On the fireplace there were placed socks, colored socks , and I didn’t expect to hear someone talking. Who was it?
Behind me there was nobody .Nobody in front of me either. Under the bed I heard noises .I went and looked. There were small socks that complained they had been forgotten: Left alone, lost. They wanted to spend Christmas with their parents.
What could I do?
I talked a lot with them. Finally I realized that their parents were in my room , in my drawer.
It was a happy ending.
- Winter Memories – Christmas Lists (withthatshewrote.wordpress.com)
- What To Do With Mismatched Socks (apartmentguide.com)
- Crazy Color socks (deesie.typepad.com)
- Chomping Predatory Socks – The Shark Socks Give the Impression Your Feet are Being Devoured (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- The Behaviour of Socks (isthatcoffee.wordpress.com)
- About Rudolph the Reindeer (ecology.com)
- Keep Calm and Santa!!! #6~ Santa’s a Deer! (gloryfic.wordpress.com)
- Why Santa Claus, Elves and Flying Reindeer are More Than Tall Tales (tinystepsmommy.com)
- Erie lights up for holiday season (goerie.com)
- The Truth About Santa (ctworkingmoms.com)
The Penguin Leader
Once upon a time, in the world of penguins, there was a cruel leader who used to rule upon the entire iceberg where they lived. He got a large quantity of fish for himself and his people got just a little fraction of the food. The leader was fat and lazy and he was just staying on his ice throne and gave orders.
The penguins wanted a change, so they organized an election to choose a new leader. The new leader was a skinny and tall penguin with grey feathers. I do not know why they chose him. I think he promised them more food or more laws or more rights. So, they voted for him and the new leader was that grey skinny penguin. They did not know that he would sell their iceberg in exchange for fish to homeless penguins, and run away with the whole amount of fish he thus had obtained.
They worked together very hard to hunt back the exact quantity of fish in order to buy another iceberg , larger and in a better area. They could do it , of course, because there was a lot of fish in the sea.
So, the penguins realized they did not want a leader anymore, and consequently they acted for themselves from that moment on. This story tells us that is not important to have a leader.
- David Attenborough: ‘I wouldn’t be prepared to sit on an egg’ (guardian.co.uk)
- Penguins of the Planet (earthrangers.com)
- The Random Penguins Tumblr- Cute Illustrated Penguin (refinery29.com)
- Exclusive: New Club Penguin Emotions To Come Soon! (oil999cp.wordpress.com)
- Some Penguins Dressed Up In Christmas Outfits (buzzfeed.com)
- Freeze Your Friends At Club Penguin’s Christmas Party 2012! (clubpenguincheatscrew.com)
- Penguins of Our Lives (imissyouwheniblink.com)