Nothing seems to be good…
By REBECCA, 10th D
My dad has a new job. My family had to move to Seattle. It is beautiful out here but at night it becomes very noisy and, because of that, I am a bit scared. But it will be fine…
I can’t wait the day when I go to school. I wonder how it will be. New people, new friends… Everything will be new. Finally, Monday comes and I’m shocked. All the people here have scary faces and they seem to be so dangerous and ugly…I don’t know why everybody said this was the best school in town. There is so much noise! The kids are running in the schoolyard, the teachers fight with the students… It is a complete disaster.
Oh, Jenny (my old best friend), save me!! What on earth can this be? This isn’t a school. This is HELL!!! Most of the students don’t care when the bell rings and when the teacher says something! It is just a normal thing for them not to care, that is.
I was in the classroom when, suddenly, the alarm started ringing: “Everybody out! Now!!!” said a voice. We all ran outside. I was so scared. What was that? A fire drill? No. It was an old student who entered the school and started fighting with some other boys with whom he had problems in the past. I ran home crying. My life was totally changed, without my permission, no doubt about that. Unfortunately, the only thing I could find there was violence. I hope things will get better soon, but for the moment nothing seems to change.
With my parents’ help, I moved to another school after a while, a better one, better than the “crazy one”. Now things seem to be different, but I’m still scared, even if I have some amazing friends and teachers now. I hope I’ll be able to go through all these changes and move on to another stage of my life. I’m just glad that I’m no longer in that school.
- Science Teacher Replaces Homework with “Quests” (teachercertificationdegrees.com)
- Secret Teacher: when a pupil rules your classroom (guardian.co.uk)
- Teens across Ontario walking out in support of teachers (lfpress.com)
- Getting into College – How to Get a Great Letter of Recommendation (bigfuture.collegeboard.org)
- Secret Teacher: what can you do when a pupil rules the classroom? (schoolsimprovement.net)
- Florida releases teacher evaluation report — again (jacksonville.com)
- Edmonton public school board could allow zeros again (ctvnews.ca)
- Controversy after principal makes two boys hold hands in public after fight (nbclatino.com)
- What High School Parents Should Know About Common Core (usnews.com)
- Traumatic lives of students affect teacher’s evaluation (washingtonpost.com)